Saturday, January 31, 2009

Can't Help But Dance

I have always considered myself a hip mom. I still love the music I grew up on (Depe.che Mode, the Cu.re, U.2, Morriss.ey, REM, Era.sure, New Ord.er, etc) but I've always been keen to songs that put a smile on your face and you just can't help but dance to. I have a playlist in my i*Tunes library called Pick Me Up Mix and every time I play it I can't help but be happy.

So reading an article this morning online I couldn't help but admit this song is one of my addictions. If I said there are so many spoofs of it on You.Tube I'm sure some of you would know which one I'm talking about. It's by a young woman who goes by only 1 name now. If you guessed Beyon.ce, you're right! Seriously, if this song comes on the radio I just can't help but want to move. Eriks loves this song and even sings along. Might have to catch it on video one of these days.

So in honor of some toe tapping, I'm posting some of the You.Tube vidoes I found. One of the things that I learned reading this article is that her video/dance was based on a Fo.sse number performed by someone else. The number of identical moves is remarkable. I'm posting that one first.



There was a great spoof done on SNL last fall. I used to have a copy of it saved in my favorites but I'm sure the peacock removed it from You.Tube because of copyright issues. If the episode is ever rerun I will have to Ti*Vo it because it was that darn funny. So here's the best I could do trying to find what was shown on SNL. Oh and Justin Timber.lake is in the video. He makes it that much funnier! I have enjoyed every spoof he's done on SNL. There's one in particular but I'm keeping this post PG. It's with Andy Sam.berg and was shown right around Christmas a few years ago and mentions a man's member in a container.



And lastly a very little girl doing the dancing. It's cute but I must say one thing and I might get attacked for this but how much time was this little girl in front of that video watching it before she started doing it herself? Especially if she can also sing along to it so well. I'm not saying it's bad parenting but I can find about 1000 things better for my child to do.



Hope you all have a good weekend. We're laying low. It's cold here. I'm ready for the weather to warm up. I would be happy with upper 50's low 60's through April/May and then I expect upper 60's & low 70's. Rewind that - I don't mind that it's cold, I do mind when it's cold and there's not a flake of snow on the ground to show for it. My family is buried under almost 1 ft of snow in Indian.a and I am so jealous. More because Eriks loves playing out in the snow and the last time I have pictures of him play outside in a lot of snow was around his 1st birthday.

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sorry it has been a while... hope all is well with you... me, just super busy...

Alyson and Ford said...

Too funny, loved the videos!

Enjoy the "winter"!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for 4.5 Months!

Kayce said...

I so love this post! I'm rocking out with you on the 80's music!