
I don't know which one I'm doing at the moment. My head is swimming and I'm trying to remain calm. So here's what's going on.
- Can't get U.S.C.I.S. to respond to our phone calls or emails. It's like they harass us for all the info they need to make our stupid fingerprinting appointment and then pretty much cut us off. I'm annoyed and getting really ticked off. We have no idea when we'll get those fingerprints done.
- So this means that it is getting less likely that Lane will be traveling in just over 3 weeks. Part of it is the fingerprinting issue but the second thing that goes along with that is that the US Consulate is now requiring that they have a new I-171H in their hands before they will even make your appointment in Guangzhou. It used to be that all you had to have was new fingerprints on file. Now they want the paper that says that not only are your fingerprints up to date but also your I-1600A. AAAAAHHHHH!!! Why oh why is this happening? Found out there are several people in our travel group who are dealing with this garbage too.
- Second reason there might be no travel is that the C.C.A.A. has not been issuing TA's to anyone that I'm aware of. Haven't even heard anyone in the blogs I follow getting their TA. I don't think anyone in our current travel group has received a TA. So it might be a delay for the whole group. In that sense it might be a good thing and we'll get the fingerprints and new I-171H because of it. But I'm doubting it.
- We met with the social worker on Monday to do the update. It was easy-peasy. She was very nice and if (big if) we decide to do one more China adoption I hope we can use her. Eriks says he wants one more sister. I need to see if I can handle 2 kids first.
- Still have a ton of stuff to do. I did order a car seat through Tar*get since it was on sale with free shipping. We settled on a Bri*tax Marathon in the Cowmooflage pattern. So that is taken care of. This is what I still have to buy: crib mattress, Play.tex bottles with drop-in liners, the dresser, a few more toys since Eriks baby toys are geared toward boys, a booster chair. My mind has drawn a blank but I know there's way more.
- Eriks school graduation is next Friday morning and then he's done until mid-August when he starts Kindergarten. The Saturday after his graduation I head to Indy with my mom for the week to spend time with the fam. Haven't seen them since Christmas - except for my mom who has been down twice. It's very likely the only time I'll get home for a long time. Then my sister will drive Eriks and me back the following Friday and spend Memorial Day weekend with us. I don't think she's ever been to ATL.
5 comments:
Wow - you have a FULL plate right now. I am sorry you are dealing with all this red tape. It just sucks.
Congrats to Eriks graduating! He is growing up so fast!
Sorry you are so frustrated! I would be ready to scream!!! Enjoy your visit with your family. If you come near Ohio, let me know. Hang in there!
Sucks about all the freaking drama everyone is having to go through now-a-days just to get their travel approvals.!! UGH!
You've got more than a ton to do. I don't envy you with all that.. I'd be pulling my hair out!
Hang in there. You will definitely make it through all this crap. Just a little longer and you will have a beautiful little baby girl looking up at you.
Great place for toys is garage sales, and goodwill, etc.
I am sorry you are going through all this 'paperwork' crap... why oh why!!!!
As for the car seat you picked... I was looking at the same thing... so, I am going by what you say about it... is it a good one...
Hope all gets sorted out soon...
Happy Mothers Day... hugs to ya...
Post a Comment