Well here it finally is. The 40th birthday recap.
Where: Cree.gan's Irish Pub
When: April 12th (the birthday boys actual birthday)
It actually was awesome that Lane turned 40 on a Saturday. It made it easy to plan a party and we were actually doing something on his birthday. There were only about a dozen of us there which was perfect. I reserved the front room and patio for his party and really pi$$ed off a lot of people because the bar was busy and people were coming in trying to find somewhere to sit. Too bad.
Most of the people at the party were people who worked with Lane. There were a few exceptions including Lane's sister, Marla and her husband, Corey whom of course I never got pictures of that night! And the other exception was our friend Liz.
Where: Cree.gan's Irish Pub
When: April 12th (the birthday boys actual birthday)
It actually was awesome that Lane turned 40 on a Saturday. It made it easy to plan a party and we were actually doing something on his birthday. There were only about a dozen of us there which was perfect. I reserved the front room and patio for his party and really pi$$ed off a lot of people because the bar was busy and people were coming in trying to find somewhere to sit. Too bad.
Most of the people at the party were people who worked with Lane. There were a few exceptions including Lane's sister, Marla and her husband, Corey whom of course I never got pictures of that night! And the other exception was our friend Liz.

The food was really good as always. We ordered a bunch of appetizers and paid for all the drinks that night. However I couldn't afford to buy dinner. I'm going on vacation next week and Eriks is sucking us dry with soccer and karate and soon to be school tuition. But hey, that's what we volunteered for when we signed up to be parents.

This was a fun picture. Lane's sister bought him the goofy glasses and when she snapped the photo she told me to make a goofy face. It had nothing to do with the amount of alcohol that I consumed. I was DD and only had one drink and boy was it a yummy one. I can't even remember what it was. Oh well.

Here's a normal photo of me with the birthday boy. Does he even look 40??? I don't think he looks anywhere near 40. I don't think Lane is very sober in the photo. I know Tom bought him a shot of tequila and he had drank several Guinness beers by that point as well. The funniest thing of the night was we were talking to friends and I gently bumped Lane and he stumbled sideways almost falling over. There was a roar of laughter.

Cake!!! Sam's C.lub and only $12.87!!!! They make the best cakes around town. It was so delish. Whipped cream frosting and chocolate cake. Too bad it's all gone now. We shared it with a few of the waitresses that were working. They loved it.

We were out until midnight. That's way past my bedtime but I guess rules are meant to be broken every once in awhile. Below is a picture of our friend Liz, who also used to be my EP (electro - physiology) nurse. She's moving to Atla.nta next week and I am so sad. But I'm going to try and spend as much time with her as possible before she moves. First on the agenda - dinner with the girls tomorrow night!

To those of you who weren't able to make it you missed a really fun time. It really would've been nice to have more family there for Lane.
2 comments:
Looks like it was one great time.
Nice cake...what a price! When I think of how I slave over mine it makes me want to throw out my bakeware.
Lookin' good :0)
Love the cake..Yes we do shop at the same stores:-)
I will be doing another post in the today to tomorrow for my sons 11th Bday party (we had yesterday) and he to had a Sams Club cake.
Post a Comment