Thursday, August 6, 2009

1 Month Ago

One month ago today this beautiful girl came home.
It's been a month already?
It doesn't feel like it. Granted it also doesn't feel at all like she's ever not been in our lives. It feels like she's always been with us. I guess in our hearts she always has been :-)

She is so beautiful and has changed so much in the month since she's been home. She has made so many strides in such a short amount of time.

This is what she's learned to do in the month since she first arrived home:
  • Walk really fast. As I said in a previous post she was this wobbly unsure little girl. She'll chase you if you let her now!
  • She no longer drinks from a bottle and can even hold her own sippy cup.
  • She can get herself from a laying position to a sitting position. AND from a sitting position to a standing position.
  • She has learned some baby signs to communicate with us.
  • She blows kisses.
  • She loves to give her forehead for kisses and hugs a lot! (Still no real kisses yet but we've come a long way!)
  • She says "Mama" and means it. Sometimes she still babbles it because it's a noise but when she wants me she says it.
We can't wait to watch her change and grow. I'm so thankful her hair is starting to grow too. Her hair is starting to flip and curl a bit. It's funny and cute.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can't believe Emi has been home with you a month already. She looks like she has gained a lot in such a short space of time.

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

Love that first shot! She is adorable. I can say I have witnessed Miss E's fast walk!

Charlotte said...

So so cute ! Alot of babies from China give their foreheads for kisses cause the nannies always kissed their foreheads ! How cute !

Charlotte

a Tonggu Momma said...

Congrats on one month home! So she's a fast walker, huh? I guess the million dollar question is - can she give Briana a run for her money?

jessica said...

She is so adorable! I am loving all the pics.